Trainee Engineer - Technical Safety
Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. We provide our customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel's 4000 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the company’s offices in Norway and South East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete prefabrication and construction capabilities.
- Perform tasks in a project, as assigned by the lead or senior engineer(s).
- Development and/ or update deliverables such as Utility Flow Diagrams for Firewater Systems, Piping and Instrument Diagrams for Firewater Systems, Line Designation Tables etc.
- Maintain and update Engineering databases such as EIS for Technical Safety Deliveries.
- Development of Safety/ Fire/ Life Saving Equipment Datasheets and Specifications.
- Development of Safety/ Fire Fighting/Escape Route layouts. Supervision and provision of instructions to designers/draughtsman to produce such drawings.
- Development of Fire and Gas Detection Layouts Supervision and provision of necessary instructions to designers/draughtsman to produce such drawings.
- Development of Hazardous Area Classification Layouts. Supervision and provision of necessary instructions to designers/draughtsman to produce such drawings.
- Assist discipline engineers in managing/reviewing third party Safety studies like Consequence Modelling, Quantitative Risk Analysis, Escape and Evacuation Analysis, Exhaust Analysis, Detection mapping study etc. (if available on the assigned project)
- Participation in Design Reviews and HAZID/HAZOPs (if available on the assigned project)
Carry out Technical Safety analysis and calculations using standard technical software packages such as Pipenet and Flaresim or standard Discipline Spreadsheets as directed by the Lead or Senior Engineers.
- Understand, interpret, and apply project specifications, philosophies, and standard drawings in assigned work and deliverables
- Develop/update of tools such as spreadsheets for performing routine Technical Safety calculations
- Collaborate closely with other Engineering disciplines to provide and receive inputs, for further engineering activities.
- Provide inputs and review 3D model of the facility and coordinate with Piping/Structure discipline for Safety related inputs.
- Provide inputs and review 3D model for Firewater spray coverage.
- Assist Lead or Senior Engineers in maintaining and closing the actions/recommendations from various studies/reviews.
- Work closely with team members across disciplines within the organization to have a better understanding of processes and systems in the Company.
- Perform interdisciplinary checks on documents and drawings.
- Attend project meetings and actively participate in technical discussions
- Ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the specified QHSE requirements.
- Maintain a positive and safe working environment at work location.
- Comply strictly with Company’s code of conduct and always ensure ethical behaviour.
- Take ownership of their career by continually upgrading their competence level.
Work experience requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering/ Safety, Health and Environmental Engineering or other equivalent engineering specialisation
- Strong analytical skills, systematic and structured approach
- Self-motivated, willingness to learn new skills and tools.
- Ability to communicate openly and directly.
- Ability to demonstrate responsibility and reliability.
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment to achieve project goals
- Computer Literacy in Simulation Software such as Pipenet & Flaresim and other business application software such as Microsoft Office.
"We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notifed."
Work location: Singapore
Application deadline: 11 June 2022
Apply for the position