Principal Engineer - Layout
With Aibel you have a chance to develop your career through a range of projects in renewables and oil and gas. We call ourselves Engineering Pioneers. Whatever our job is, we approach it with creativity, curiosity and a drive to find new and better solutions. First we imagine the future. Then we build it.
We are looking for Principal Engineers to strengthen our Layout & Material Handling department in Oslo. As an Aibel Layout Engineer, you'll have the chance to collaborate with leading experts in the field, actively contribute to exciting projects and studies, and be an integral part of a dynamic team.
About the position
In this position, you will work in multi-discipline areas in EPC projects and/or studies. In Aibel we are focused on great team participation and effort. Many opportunities will be possible for the right person, including ability to take on leadership roles within projects in Aibel.
Responsibilities and tasks include
- Knowledge and ability to create plot plans, equipment layouts and piping drawings in E3D Draw according to project plans and requirements
- Conduct layout assessments and piping activities using Aveva E3D modeling and drafting tools
- Participate in design reviews
- Evaluate access, working environment and mechanical handling in physical layout and design
- Proven aptitude for leadership roles and a genuine willingness to mentor and guide others
- Bachelor or master's degree in relevant field
- A minimum of 10 years experience in layout design and E3D/PDMS modelling
- Experience within Oil & Gas, Offshore Wind Substations (HVAC/HVDC) layouts and Hydrogen Production Plants
- Expertise in concept development, along with knowledge and experience in both Greenfield and Brownfield design
- A strong understanding of the rules and regulations governing layout design
- An eagerness to collaborate and contribute positively in a team-oriented environment
- Actively seeks advice and promotes sharing of knowledge and experience in the design process
- Dedication to meeting project deadlines while ensuring adherence to high-quality standards
- Cultural adaptability and openness to diverse working teams
- Effective communication in both spoken and written English. While proficiency in Norwegian is valued, it is not mandatory. However, a willingness to learn the language is desirable.
Become our colleague
Aibel offers many career opportunities. With us, you can work across disciplines, build competence and develop your own potential. This contributes to a vibrant and engaging work environment. We also offer flexible working hours, and our welfare clubs have a wide range of activities and training opportunities for all our employees.
Our overall strategy is to strengthen and grow the company's strong position within various energy segments, including offshore wind, oil and gas and hydrogen. At the same time, we always pursue new opportunities. Aibel sees social responsibility as a fundamental prerequisite, and sustinable development is therefore a natural part of our guidelines, work procedures and decision-making processes.
We value diversity and work targeted to secure inclusion of all employees.
Can you identify with our values, and are you inspired by our vision?
Then we would like to hear from you!
Application deadline and contact information:
For questions regarding the position, please contact:
Department Manager Layout & Material Handling, Rune Riise Sletten, +47 45214414, firstname.lastname@example.org
Work Place: Oslo
Application deadline: 02.02.2024